The goal of this web platform and associated social media sites is to support legitimate sustainable transport initiatives, critical thinking, open discussions, new ideas, consistent policy, fruitful alliances and fact-oriented discussion and anything else that might help advance the public’s understanding of the New Mobility Agenda in Penang. The watching brief also keeps a careful eye open to identify, feed and encourage public discussion of what are possibly bad ideas, proposals and ad hoc initiatives which violate the basic precepts of the sustainability agenda.
A watching brief is a continuous, independent, and in this case collaborative monitoring activity of progress and problems taking place in a specific sector or area. It takes a arms-length vision of the focus area and in this case is made broadly available to the public and all involved as a tool in support of Civil Society in Penang.
- Sustainable Penang Watching Brief: http://wp.me/p3GVVk-mb
- Better Choices: Toward a New Mobility Agenda for Penang – https://sustainablepenang.wordpress.com/
- Better Choices: Bringing Sustainable Mobility to Penang (Facebook) – https://www.facebook.com/SustainablePenang/
- Halcrow: The Recommended Transport Master Plan Strategy – https://goo.gl/KCSmMB
- Sustainable Penang: Toward a New Mobility Agenda (2013-2015) – https://goo.gl/gGLRTM
- Penang State/SRS Penang Transport Master Plan (2015-2060) – http://pgmasterplan.penang.gov.my/index.php/en/
- Penang – Sustainable Transport Primer for international readers – https://goo.gl/rhcwek
Lessons from a Stakeholder Engagement Process for Penang – https://goo.gl/aDshGa
- Sustainable Penang Forum on WhatsApp (ca. 200 participants) (Contact email@example.com to join)
- PTMP Review Forum on WhatsApp (ca. 16) (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join)
- Sustainable Penang Open Library – (111 volumes) https://goo.gl/UnoHpU
- Sustainable Penang on Google – https://goo.gl/a5mLue
- Sustainable Penang video library – https://goo.gl/5qfo5p