The Penang Paper Trail: An, open depositary of articles appearing in the press looking at the sustainable mobility challenges and proposals for Penang, as seen from different angles and points of view.
We estimate that we have picked up here roughly a quarter of the more relevant public discussions aired by the print media. We will continue to add to it, and we ask our readers to let us know about other significant coverage of these events. From both sides, of course.
- Transport Master Plan a huge financial risk for Penangites – https://goo.gl/NnGJQf – 11 May 2016
- CM defends master plan – https://goo.gl/PFYXeg – 29 April 2016
- Road-widening works lead to massive traffic snarl in Penang – : https://goo.gl/z41vlT – 12 August 2016
- Rethinking New Mobility in Penang: A search for Values, Vision, Competence, Strategies, Tactics . . and Happiness. – http://wp.me/psKUY-4wl – 2 September 2016
- A Properly Financed Transport Plan for the Long Haul – http://penangmonthly.com/a-properly-financed-transport-plan-for-the-long-haul – September 2016
- Avoiding conflict of interest: Consulting firm ‘should have no interest in project implementation – http://anilnetto.com/governance/accountability/avoiding-conflict-interest-consulting-firm-no-interest-project-implementation/ – 3 September 2016
- Op-Ed: A Properly Financed Transport Plan for the Long Haul – https://sustainablepenang.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/op-ed-a-properly-financed-transport-plan-for-the-long-haul/ – 3 September 2016
No EIA, so Penang road work on Penang roads delayed to 2017 – http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/07/157460/no-eia-so-penang-road-work-penang-roads-delayed-2017 – 10 July 2017
- Three little words: “PROJECT DELIVERY PARTNER” (PDP) – https://goo.gl/nZytY6 – 15 September 2016
- Transport expert: Bus lanes better than LRTs for Penang – http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2016/09/24/transport-expert-bus-lanes-better-than-lrts-for-penang/ – 21 September 2016
- Bigger, Wider, Faster and More Roads for Penang . . . : Politicians, Engineers, External Costs (And you) – http://wp.me/p3GVVk-CY. – 28 September 2016
- Picking a Better, Cheaper, Faster Transport System – http://penangmonthly.com/picking-a-better-cheaper-faster-transport-system/ – October 2016
- Better, Cheaper, Faster – Really? –http://penangmonthly.com/better-cheaper-faster-really/ – October 2016
- Towards a New Mobility Agenda for Penang: October 2016 – https://sustainablepenang.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/towards-a-new-mobility-agenda-for-penang-october-2016/
- Quit arguing, start working together on PTMP – http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2016/10/07/quit-arguing-start-working-together-on-ptmp/ – October 2016
# # #
9, rue Gabillot, 69003 Lyon France
Bio: Britton is an American political scientist and sustainability activist who has lived and worked in Paris since 1969. Professor of Sustainable Development, Economy and Democracy at the Institut Supérieur de Gestion (Paris), he is also MD of EcoPlan Association, an independent advisory network providing strategic counsel for government and business on policy and decision issues involving complex systems, social-technical change and sustainable development. Founding editor of World Streets, his latest book, "BETTER CHOICES: Bringing Sustainable Transport to Your City" focuses on the subject of environment, equity, economy and efficiency in city transport and public space, and helping governments to ask the right questions. A pre-publication edition of Better Choices is currently undergoing an international peer review during Sept.- Oct. 2017, with the goal of publication in English and Chinese editions by end-year. If you wish to participate drop a line to BetterChoices@ecoplan.org .