– Paul Barter, Adjunct Professor, School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
* Latest online version at https://goo.gl/SWvxvE.)
- Parking Basics (ITDP) at https://www.itdp.org/parking-basics/ Short and to the point. Initially meant for Indian audience but suited to much wider audience.
- On-Street Parking Management (GIZ SUTP). (English, Spanish Chinese) – https://goo.gl/CScQTX
- Parking Reforms: (D. Shoup) http://www.shoupdogg.com/reforms/
- Reinventing Parking (Paul Barter) at (reinventingparking.org).
- ITDP on Parking: https://www.itdp.org/publications/ then search for “parking”
- Europe’s Parking U-Turn. ITDP. https://goo.gl/ilm6kM
- On-street parking fees: (P. Barter) https://goo.gl/xilo9A
- World Streets on Parking – https://worldstreets.wordpress.com/tag/parking/
- Park(ing) Day – http://parkingday.org/about-parking-day/
- The High Cost of Free Parking. Donald Shoup at https://youtu.be/nYphl_zpvZg (2 hours)
- Donald Shoup on Parking. (6 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgtF0B_mxuE
ONLINE SHORT COURSES (To follow as they come in)
- Shoup on Parking. http://www.shoupdogg.com/parking-links/
- Litman on Parking. VTPI TDM Encyclopedia: http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm28.htm
# # #
About the contributor *
Dr Paul Barter is Adjunct Professor in the LKY School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore (NUS) where he teaches on infrastructure policy, urban policy and transport policy. His published research has focused on various dimensions of the interactions between urban transport policy and urban policy more widely. Geographically the work has focused on eastern Asia with a particular focus on Malaysia and Singapore (including their cross-border transport). His recent and current research focuses on innovation in transport demand management and the contested fundamental priorities of urban transport policy.
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #
About the editor:
9, rue Gabillot, 69003 Lyon France
Bio: Britton is an American political scientist and sustainability activist who has lived and worked in Paris since 1969. Professor of Sustainable Development, Economy and Democracy at the Institut Supérieur de Gestion (Paris), he is also MD of EcoPlan Association, an independent advisory network providing strategic counsel for government and business on policy and decision issues involving complex systems, social-technical change and sustainable development. Founding editor of World Streets, his latest book, "BETTER CHOICES: Bringing Sustainable Transport to Your City" focuses on the subject of environment, equity, economy and efficiency in city transport and public space, and helping governments to ask the right questions. A pre-publication edition of Better Choices is currently undergoing an international peer review during Sept.- Oct. 2017, with the goal of publication in English and Chinese editions by end-year. If you wish to participate drop a line to BetterChoices@ecoplan.org .