THE FIVE PERCENT 2020 CLIMATE CHALLENGE
The World Climate Emergency // // The New Mobility Action Plan
You never change things by fighting against the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete. — Buckminster Fuller
Communication to individuals and groups contacting us to express interest in knowing more about the Five Percent Challenge program, cities and projects in 2020
Thank you for your expression of interest in our shared concerns about our cities and our planet. We are honored and look forward to being able to follow progress in your related work and projects as well.
Looking ahead — and just so it is clear — as a result of a vigorous recentering of my priority concerns for 2020 and beyond, I have shifted the totality of my work and engagement to the World Climate Emergency — and the following six key words and references: Climate.Cities.Space.Time.Action.NewMobility.org.
2020 PARTNER SEARCH:
The 2020 project is aiming to network and bring together . . .
- Cities that are ready to step up the 2020 Five Percent Climate Challenge
- Research/Consulting groups or teams with deep expertise in these issues
- Sponsors of specific city projects, supporting events, overall research and support
OPEN CITY PROJECTS GETTING UNDERWAY – (Facebook intro + Global/Local context)
- Reykjavik – https://www.facebook.com/IcelandStepsUp + http://bit.ly/2JB59MP
- Maribor – https://www.facebook.com/MariborStepsUp/ + http://bit.ly/2N9yIG0
- Penang – https://www.facebook.com/PenangClimateMobility/ + http://bit.ly/2WbweuS
- Your City https://www.facebook.com/NewMobilityAgenda/ + http://bit.ly/2WbmWPq
FOR MORE AS IT OCCURS. . .
- – World Streets at https://worldstreets.wordpress.com –
- – Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NewMobilityAgenda/.
- – Context: Latest on the world wide web at http://bit.ly/2Jin4aK
- – Action Toolkit https://worldstreets.wordpress.com/tag/2020actiontoolkit/
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? – Attributed to Albert Einstein
# # #
About the convenor:
13, rue Pasteur. Courbevoie 92400 France
Bio: Founding editor of World Streets (1988), Eric Britton is an American political scientist, teacher, occasional consultant, mediator and sustainability activist who has observed, learned, taught and worked on missions and advisory assignments on all continents. In the autumn of 2019, he committed his remaining life work to the challenges of aggressively countering climate change and specifically greenhouse gas emissions emanating from the mobility sector. He is not worried about running out of work. Further background and updates: @ericbritton | http://bit.ly/2Ti8LsX | #fekbritton | https://twitter.com/ericbritton | and | https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericbritton/ Contact: email@example.com) | +336 508 80787 (Also WhatApp) | Skype: newmobility.)